STRATTEC ELECTRIC VEHICLE (EV) Initiative
STRATTEC SECURITY CORPORATION ("STRATTEC") LAUNCHES ELECTRIC VEHICLE INITIATIVE
MILWAUKEE, Wis. – STRATTEC, a global automotive supplier of smart vehicle power access systems and security solutions has launched its Electric Vehicle (EV) Initiative, bringing its technologies to the growing segment of EV’s.
STRATTEC’s commercial and technical teams are adapting automotive EV specifications and applications with innovative and optimal designs in the following product areas and categories:
- Power Access Systems including Power Liftgates, Tailgates, Sliding Doors, Swing Doors and Decklids. Those system solutions include Drive Units, Latches and Electronic Control Modules (ECUs)
- Latching Solutions including Power Release and Cinching Latches in applications such as Liftgates, Hoods and Trunks and Tailgates
- Locking and Security Solutions from a variety of Key and locking products and technologies to full Passive Entry Passive Start (PEPS) and Phone as a Key (PaaK) Systems including Controllers, Fobs, Start/Stop Buttons, Electronic Backup Systems and Antennas
- Various User Control Switch applications with integrated sensing technologies such as Steering Wheel Switches, E-Shifters and Paddle switches
- Electronic Actuators targeted for motion and driving controls applications for various EV applications.
“We are launching this initiative in response to our customers’ increased focus on EV products and technologies and in order to meet their demand for specific EV requirements and applications,” said Al Hamdan, Vice President, Global Sales and Product Management, STRATTEC SECURITY CORPORTATION. “Our team of engineering experts is ready to engage and bring new products and solutions to the new world of EVs.”
STRATTEC is a two-time Automotive News PACE Award winner, for innovative products and technical achievements in the automotive industry, as well as a recipient of General Motors’ Innovation Award.